Skip to content
- Do not drink alcohol for 3 days following surgery and avoid using tobacco for 3 weeks after surgery. These result in increased bleeding after the procedure and can slow/impair the healing process.
- If the procedure was on your face, do not bend over in the days following the surgery. This can result in blood rushing to your face and cause bleeding from the wound.
- Do not participate in high-energy athletics while the sutures are in place.
- Do not lift anything heavier than 10 pounds for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Do not vacuum for 1-2 weeks after the procedure. This activity increases your heart rate and could increase your risk of bleeding.
- Do not submerge your surgical wound under water until the sutures are removed. This includes bathing, swimming, and hot tub use. You may shower 24 hours after the procedure.