After the procedure, you will have some degree of redness, swelling or a sunburn sensation, which are sings that your body’s natural healing process is building new skin from the inside out. You can return to routine activities in as little as one hour or, for more aggressive treatments, as soon as a few days. Other precautions: To protect your skin after treatment, wear sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher, avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 months, and wear a wide-brimmed hat when you’re out in the sun. During your initial consultation, Doctors Anderson and Rahman will determine the best Fraxel laser treatment plan for your desired results. Then, when you’re ready for treatment, it’ll be done right in your physician’s office. Here’s what happens:
- The area of your skin to be treated is thoroughly cleansed.
- A topical anesthetic ointment is applied
- About 60 to 90 minutes later, once the anesthetic has taken full effect, treatment begins.
- The treatment takes just 20 to 25 minutes for a full face.
- Then the anesthetic is completely removed.
- Now we let the healing process begin, from the inside out.