The Fraxel® Dual is a combination of the previous 1550nm wavelength laser and the newer 1927nm wavelength laser, which only the Dual laser has. With the older Fraxel®, 4 treatments were recommended, now the same correction with the Dual can usually be done in only 3 treatments, which means less time to achieve your desired results, more convenience and lower cost. Additional improvements in the new Fraxel® Dual include:
- Faster treatment times – With upgrades in the software, you can cut treatment times by about 25% and have no degradation in effectiveness.
- More comfort – The new handpiece has an integrated Zimmer Cooling Device (cold air) which allows for the skin to be chilled directly where the treatment is occurring.
- Groundbreaking pigment eradication – The new 1927nm wavelength allows for a very superficial resurfacing which can eliminate pigmentation from melasma, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, actinic keratosis safely in all skin types, on all parts of the body.
- Extremely comfortable – Very little, if any topical anesthesia is needed for using just the 1927nm laser. This allows for large surface areas to be treated in a single session.
- Superficial resurfacing similar to a superficial CO2 laser resurfacing – Without the downtime or wound care. It is partially ablative, partial non-ablative.
- When used simultaneously with the 1550nm laser, you get more effective resurfacing – a superficial and deep resurfacing – leading to less treatments for the same results.
- Safe for all skin types and all body surfaces.