Knoxville Institute of Dermatology wants to thank you for our patience and understanding as we have taken progressive steps to keep our facility open for your dermatological needs during this COVID-19 crisis.
- To minimize your time in our waiting rooms, we will have most patients wait in their vehicle until their exam room is ready. We are having patients call our office once they arrive to be checked in over the phone. You will then be called by a staff member and be taken directly to an exam room.
- In attempt to decrease the number of guests in our offices as much as possible (particularly those younger than 13 years of age) Knoxville Institute of Dermatology will implement a no visitors policy (including drug representatives, account executives, and students), except in cases in which a patient must be accompanied by an individual due to medical conditions. We are limiting mandatory quests to one quest per patient.
- We will be pre-screening all patients for high-risk exposure and/or symptoms at the time of check in and when confirming appointments.We ask that you avoid bringing individuals into our offices if they have one of the CDC recognized risks for COVID 19. Our Patient Associates will screen every patient with the following questions:
- Do you currently have a cough, sore throat, fever or any flu-like symptoms?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with the above symptoms in the past two weeks.
- Are you concerned that you may have been exposed to coronavirus.
- If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, we are politely asking to reschedule the appointment 2 weeks out, or offering a telederm appointment. This screening also applies to our staff. We are reducing the number of team members in our offices at one time. We will do our best to ensure that all of your needs are met while limiting the amount of individuals in one space.
We strongly believe that if we follow these guidelines, and we have your cooperation and understanding, we can provide safe, high quality care to our patients during these looming times. Rest assured that beyond the normal precautions our practice already takes, we will be taking additional sanitary measures to ensure the cleanliness and safety of our employees’ and patients’ surroundings.